[Pianod] Raspberrypi testing issue

Perette Barella via Pianod pianod at lists.deviousfish.com
Mon Oct 24 11:26:08 PDT 2016

> On 2016年10月24日, at 10:56, Perette Barella via Pianod <pianod at lists.deviousfish.com> wrote:
> I am working on testing the install script for the latest Raspberry Pi releases here:
> https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/ <https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/>
>
> The full/with Pixel edition is downloaded, passes validate torrent, sha-1 checksums correctly, but I can’t unzip it.  Is anyone else seeing this?

Turns out the latest Raspbian-with-desktop images exceed 4GB, so a newer zip file format is required.  Which means newer utilities to unzip it.

Solutions:
* Mac: “The Unarchiver” from the App store works.  It is donation-ware.
* Windows discussion of the problem suggests 7zip.
* Linux, apt-get install p7zip (command is 7z)
* Mac: port install p7zip (command is 7z)

After getting the unpacking resolved, installation on the both the lite & fat versions was successful using `raspi-pianod`.

It saddens me that Apple is apparently too busy focusing on crap for the masses to bother giving the development foundation up-to-date for developers anymore.

Perette